Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Bruce Jackson's photo archive - 6 - horse-drawn_hearse

Posted Images from various artists

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

BruceJackson

Bruce Jackson's photo archive - 6 - horse-drawn_hearse

Post by BruceJackson »

Here's one out of left field. It's a restored hearse. Although the gilded decoration on the glass is relatively recent, I was told it done according to the original design.

This vehicle is on display at Sovereign Hill in Ballarat. The same place as my first post featuring a Rhubarb jar.

It's not possible to know the full story behind this example but I thought it worthy of inclusion simply because it reminds us of the wide variations to which hand lettering and gilding on glass has been used. I intend to post many more examples of how these techniques having been used in unusual ways.
Attachments
PB270568.jpg
PB270568.jpg (62.2 KiB) Viewed 9182 times
PB270569.jpg
PB270569.jpg (74.07 KiB) Viewed 9180 times
PB270570.jpg
PB270570.jpg (58.39 KiB) Viewed 9180 times
Anthony Bennett

Re: Bruce Jackson's photo archive - 6 - horse-drawn_hearse

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Nice Find Bruce, No pinstriping like you would see on American Coaches. Black and Gold is a nice combination.
Looking forward to more. Thanks.