Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Loading glass on my computer

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Danny Baronian
Site Admin

Loading glass on my computer

Post by Danny Baronian »

OLD FORUM POSTS Dec 12, 03

Pat Mackle
Help!! I want to connect a Sony Mavica 2.1 mega pixel digital camera to my Mac G4 via the USB cable. But the G4 doesn't recognize the camera. The camera boots up and seems ready to load data but the G4 never shows any icon on the desktop. The camera states "PC mode" on its screen, but no "Mac mode". I've searched the net for a driver, but nothing comes up. Any suggestions or solutions would be gratefully accepted.

Pat
John Grenier
I found that a USB connection from my camera to my mac was much slower than just using a card reader and the camera would use its batteries during the process. purchased a sanDisk very inexpensive and has worked flawlessly.

Still trying to figure out posting pictures on this site. I have a bunch of picture from Italy. The prodedure was explained in the past but lost it.

Good luck,
John
Danny Baronian
Pat

the Mac should recognize the camera. Connect the USB cable, then the camera, then turn the camera on. If the camera doesn't boot up on the Mac, leave the camera hooked up and turned on and reboot the Mac. If that still doesn't work, try another usb port.

I don't know what media your Sony uses, but for around $25 you can get a card reader. Plug that into a USB port, plug your media from the camera into that and it will read it just like an external hard drive.

If it's an older camera and uses floppies that's a problem since apple decided to drop the floppy drive from the G4 on.

You shouldn't need a driver since the computer is only looking for the data files within the camera.

Danny
Danny Baronian
Baronian Mfg.
CNC Routing & Fabrication
http://www.baronian.com