Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Video of sign co. promo

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

William Holohan

Video of sign co. promo

Post by William Holohan »

Old Forum Posts: on July 17, 2003

Ron Weed
I recently Finished Transfering my 16mm Reel of a sign company hear in massachusetts back in 1945. It's a cool video of a sign shop showing installation of wood letters on a old mill building. It Also shows them making the letters and guilding them. the video look like an old movie from the 40's. If anyone is interested in seeing the video they can call me at 978 455-5312
Please do not e-mail me.
Rick Sacks
I was bred and buttered in Boston. When I was 21, while still doing my apprenticeship in Los Angeles, I returned with all the excitement of a starry eyed sign painter. I got back and decided to mingle my family visit in with stopping at a nearby sign shop. I walked in with my wife and introduced myself, and was asked for an ID. I thought this wierd, but pulled out my drivers license anyway. This guy looked it over and looked us over again and then the ID again. When I explained that I was enthusiastic about what I was doing and wanted to talk sign stuff he looked puzzled and told me that he needed to make sure I wasn't a spy from one of the competitor shops. I never ran into that level of up-tightness elsewhere.