Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Danny Barronian's Health

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Danny Barronian's Health

Post by Mike Jackson »

I spoke with Danny recently. He told me he wasn't feeling too well and after a bit of prying, he told me the doctors found new cancer and gave him the unfortunate news that the prognosis is terminal.

I am not sure if I could come up with a better way of announcing it, but there it is.

He went in again for more tests and those results should be able to tell whether the advancement of the cancer is slowing, static, or speeding up. In other words, at the moment, he doesn't know if he has 9 weeks, 9 months, or 9 years.

I think he was reluctant to give me the news, much less want me to spread the news, but after a lengthy conversation, he said yes. I told him a lot of people would feel heartbroken knowing they never got to speak with him again.

At this time, he says he's mainly tired, and of course apprehensive about what is coming. His daughter will help him and his wife going forward.

Danny is in the process shutting down and selling his equipment. That is taking its toll on him, especially since he doesn't know how long he has left.

I am sure he would love to speak with people and would appreciate any cards or letters you can send him. If you look over this site, you will see his name everywhere, and if you went to any of the California Conclaves and spinoffs, you would have seen him. He has been a constant asset to the Letterheads in all it forms and names.

Please share this post with anyone you know that has any kind of relationship with Danny over the past 30 years.

Best regards,
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Kristi Percell

Re: Danny Barronian's Health

Post by Kristi Percell »

Our thoughts and prayers are with Danny, Cathy and the rest of his family during this difficult time.

Danny's passion for Letterheads is the primary reason that this board has continued to exist for many years! His technical skills for sign manufacturing are amongst the highest of standards and quality.

Danny's enthusiasm for the Sign Industry is only surpassed by his love for his family and friends.

For all his work here, we owe Danny a debit of gratitude for all of his hard work keeping the Hand Lettering Forum open!

Thank You Danny!
Kristi & Ron Percell
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

This is very sad news. I've known him since mid-90's after first going to Glawson and Evans for the first time. I would very much like to send a card off to him and hope you'll send over his mailing address which is among the many things I've misplaced in the past few years.

He and Mike did such a great job of stepping up to the plate when this site was in trouble a few years back and you all have my enduring appreciation....Ron and Kristi included
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Very sorry to hear this news Mike. Danny has helped so many craftsmen and woman here and at the meets.
A very talented individual with his work and a great family man.