Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Oslo Letterheads 2017

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Richard Chlaszczak

Oslo Letterheads 2017

Post by Richard Chlaszczak »

Hi fellow Letterheads!

I'm a pinstriper/sign painter living and working in Oslo, Norway. I have been passively following the forum for a while now, time to join the dark side and start getting involved!

I'd like to spread the word about a Letterheads Meet that I am arranging together with Carl Fredrik "Frisso" Angell (some of you may know him for his awesome hand lettering) and Metric Design Studio in Oslo in June 2017. I've only had a chance to attend two Letterhead Meets so far, one in Rochester, England in 2014 and this year's Amsterdam, but it sucked me in completely and I've decided Norway needs one, too. Here is a few useful links:

Event newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cqJfrP
Event website: http://www.letterheads2017.com
Event on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/651911254983152/

I'll answer the obvious question before it comes up - why "Designers meet Sign Painters"? The idea behind Letterhead Meets is "keeping the craft alive". I am lucky enough to be able to work with talented designers who care highly for our craft, but don't know much about the process involved in creating traditional signage. Yet, every time they get a chance, they push for hand painted signs instead of vinyl and print. I would like to give us and them a chance to meet on common ground and be able to exchange ideas, show how we work, learn from their experience in design, stir it up!

We've already got a list of some talented artists who will teach workshops, and the list is growing. Here's what we have today:
* Bob Behounek (USA) - Layout;
* David A. Smith (UK) & Will Lynes ( (Australia) - Reverse glass gilding;
* Mike Meyer (USA) - Speed Lettering
* Rick Janzen (Canada) - Distressed signs - hands on;
* Peter Anthony (UK) - Script lettering
* Sarah B. Eggen (Norway) - Surface gilding
* Adam "TheosOne" Klodecki (Poland/Germany) - Calligraphy and creative lettering
* Pekka Mannermaa (Finland) - Hot Rod Lettering
* Paul Myerscough (UK) - Christmas windows
* Anna Taut (Poland/Germany) - Mural signage

Hope to have the chance to meet as many of you as possible at the meet in Oslo. Everyone is welcome!
Lee Littlewood

Re: Oslo Letterheads 2017

Post by Lee Littlewood »

EXCELLENT! If it only gets dark for a couple of hours each night, there may needs be a 'clean-up squad' to pick up signpainters who have fallen over and can't get up...
where am i? Now, when i need me...
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

I just love hearing.....

"I've only had a chance to attend two Letterhead Meets so far, one in Rochester, England in 2014 and this year's Amsterdam, but it sucked me in completely and I've decided Norway needs one, too."

Sounds like you've got it bad ;=) Always great to see the movement spreading and I'll be following the links and progress for sure.
Last edited by Doug Bernhardt on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Francois Morel

Post by Francois Morel »

Hey Richard,
I saw the workshops costs weren't announced... Do you have an approx. idea about the price?

Thnx
♫ A B C
It's easy as, 1 2 3
As simple as, do re mi ♫
Richard Chlaszczak

Hi Francois, sorry for a few days' delay with the answer! We've only started tickets sale on the 1st, they're out now with a promotional price of 1999 NOK (Norwegian Crowns) until midnight tomorrow (10th January 2017, CET).

Jump to the Oslo Letterheads 2017 website: http://osloletterheads.com where you can buy the tickets and follow the updates.

Doug, are you coming? Rick Janzen and Andrew Kidder have already declared they're coming from Canada. The more the merrier! ;)
Francois Morel

Post by Francois Morel »

Hey Richard,
Yes I know this is what I was saying, but a lot of people are afraid to subscribe as "we" don't know how much the workshops will cost...
Anyway...I subscribed :)

See you there ;)
♫ A B C
It's easy as, 1 2 3
As simple as, do re mi ♫
Richard Chlaszczak

My bad, I misread and replied with what you already do know, trying to do too many things at the same time! Thanks for jumping in anyway :) The workshops will be 800 NOK a piece.
Francois Morel

Post by Francois Morel »

NO prob'
Great!!!
Thnx!
♫ A B C
It's easy as, 1 2 3
As simple as, do re mi ♫
Ben Plummer

Post by Ben Plummer »

Hey richard.

Hope this isn't a stupid question......

Is the idea that you purchase a weekend ticket and then also the workshop ticket on top of that??

my two buddies and I are super interested in the gold leaf work shop.

Hope we can get in before it sells out. Do u know roughly when they will be available? I signed up to the mailing list already, just impatient haha

Either way we will make the trip across from holland!

See you there

Grz - ben