Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Hello All

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Scott Hendricks

Hello All

Post by Scott Hendricks »

Hello
My name is Scott Hendricks I am from the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area. I just got a starter kit from Letter head sign supply. Wow is Ron a great guy he talked with me on the phone for an hour bout starting tips. I have looked at alot of the work on the site and I have no words to express the beauty and craftsmanship that is represented here. I hope I learn alot from all of you as I try my first piece of glass out this week. My signage background is mostly in cut vinyl and printed wraps or printed and streached canvas. I have messed with alot of sign foam and am ok with working with it. We had a killer flood come through June of 08 that left 3 foot of water in our shop so that closed and I am currently going to college. I just cant sleep sometimes and have always wanted to learn this type of signage or art. Figured id use my time constructively.

Thanks guys im sure ill be asking alot of questions soon
:D
Kelly Thorson

Re: Hello All

Post by Kelly Thorson »

Hi Scott,
I flew into Cedar Rapids in September. It's lovely country. Were you involved in the Belle Plaine WallDog event?
Does this look familiar? I loved the light on the stands of Pampus grass in late afternoon.
Attachments
magical moment-1.jpg
magical moment-1.jpg (75.74 KiB) Viewed 3064 times
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
Scott Hendricks

Post by Scott Hendricks »

No i was not part of the walldog event im not sure what it even is?
Yes quite the farmland we are harvesting everywhere right now.

Scott
Larry White

Post by Larry White »

Welcome!
This craft can be quite fun and interesting...not to mention, a bit adicting.

Keep an eye out for when John Studden and Noel Weber offer their Gold Leaf Workshop.
You could learn a great deal of tricks there!

-Aho! -Larry
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Hi Scott and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your inlay project. If you want to see more really great glass signs check out.

http://customglasssigns.blogspot.com/

When you get your piece done please send me the info and photo and I will post it for you.

Roderick
www.customglasssigns.com