Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Letterhead Studios Design

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Rob Schramm

Re: Letterhead Studios Design

Post by Rob Schramm »

Dave,

As always that is just breathtaking! You are really and truley an inspiration and your thought process must be neverending!!!

Rob
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Rob
You know that is very nice of you mate. It's good to be part of a community here that are also into this type of art. I like to share what I do sometimes and this is a great place to show your work. The information shared here on this site reminds me of what it was like down at Rick Glawsons Shop, Fine Gold Sign, people learning and sharing there knowledge and skills to each other. It's all good!

Thanks
Dave
Dave Parr

Post by Dave Parr »

Entirely at the top, Dave! I could study these works of yours for a lifetime. Truely amazing and inspiring. Thank you much for your sharing.

I found moving to a new system that wouldn't complain, sputter, bog down, crash or lock up after my feeble attempts at asking Photoshop to perform more than the system could handle quite refreshing, (no pun intended.) You mentioned a new system helped you move things along. If you don't mind my asking, what sort of system did to move to?

Thanks again, Dave.
---------------------------------
Dave Parr
Peoria, Illinois
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Dave Thanks.
This is the spec for my computer. Would love to hear from anyone who know's (Mike) if this is any good???
It certainly made it all faster but I would like to at some stage go to 64 bit but I understand some software is not ready for that, again not sure... but this spec seems ok for a while.

Dave

Case
550 Watt Power Supply
Gigabyte motherboard capable of supporting Raid 5 configuration and futire proofed by being compatible with the new AM3 cpu developments HDMI connectable.
3 x 500Gb SATA 300 Hard drives configured in Raid 5
2 x 320Gb SATA 300 Hard drives configured in Mirror set for failover on the primary drives.
Quad core Phenom Cpu 4 x 2.4 Ghz 9750mhz
4 Gb Ram Matched for Hi speed.
Win Xp pro (Not 64 Bit)
22 Speed Sata DVD R/W

Built, Delivered and installed with relevant software loaded eg graphics apps.
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Alright.....since we're talkin' technology here (he says in his best cowboy voice)......I also just got a new machine and the CS4 suite from Adobe. I don't know how fast this is but I open any large file instantly. Wife brings home a scan from work every now and then.....140megs is not unusual, and they are all but instant. Have it set up for the 64 bit depth and have 12gigs of ram. Looked at a Mac before buying this but it just wasn't in the same performance bracket especially when it came to dollars. Am also keeping it off-line so have no anti-virus software to muck things up. Tried to time how long it takes to open the new photoshop but couldn't. It's certainly less than 5 seconds. I can't say the Vista operating system hasn't got bugs but I haven't noticed the problems so many are talking about.....but it is off line.
Dave Parr

Post by Dave Parr »

Dave.

From the little time I've had to read, that sounds like a pretty productive machine to me. It's getting harder for me to keep up with this stuff. I'm happy to see the processors and ram handling the demand instead of the crashes, etc. This is certainly helping those, such as yourself, who can push their creativity well beyond their normal and utilize the capabilities of the software.

Thanks again.
---------------------------------
Dave Parr
Peoria, Illinois
markj

Post by markj »

Your Design looks simply FAB!!! May I ask where do you usually print letterheads? I am asking because I am a freelance designer myself and need to print stuff for my clients as well, so I am always on the hunt for a reliable to cheap printer.

Thanks a lot!
Bob Ficucell

Post by Bob Ficucell »

[quote="markj"]Your Design looks simply FAB!!! May I ask where do you usually print letterheads? I am asking because I am a freelance designer myself and need to print stuff for my clients as well, so I am always on the hunt for a reliable to cheap printer.

Thanks a lot![/quote

Me thinks this is SPAM??????? :evil:
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Thanks Bob. You know I don't print letterheads I usually just design the odd one on occasions for different people in the business.
Sorry I can't help good luck.
Dave
Bob Ficucell

Post by Bob Ficucell »

DAVE SMITH wrote:Thanks Bob. You know I don't print letterheads I usually just design the odd one on occasions for different people in the business.
Sorry I can't help good luck.
Dave
Dave,
My post was for Markj , not you. Bob
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

sorry mate. missed that part.
Dave