Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Check Out Danny Baronian's Glass Stand

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Check Out Danny Baronian's Glass Stand

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Mike Jackson on April 23, 2002

Here's a photo of Danny Barronian's glass stand, used by some of the people at this year's conclave. It adjusts from 4" wide to 40" wide. You can work on one side of a piece of glass and then flip it over easily to view the results. Pretty cool design and great job of fabrication! I believe Danny sells them, or sold a few at the Conclave. Maybe he can come on and give a few more details.

Mike
D. Bernhardt
Yuppers....it's a pretty cool stand alright. I was one of those using it this year fell in love immediately with the "eez-revolve" aspect!
Rick Sacks
What a magnificant design!
What holds the glass in the tracks?
Do the dowels tend to bend at all?
Danny Baronian
Hi Rick,

The glass is held in the groove by six nylon thumbscrews.

The dowels do not bend that to any appreciable degree with 1/4" x 3w x 8" h up to 44" w x 24" high glass. While the dowels provide some support, their main purpose is to hold the ends at the correct distance for the glass to be installed.

My original intent was to make a 'universal' stand, one size fits all. The problem lies in the rails. I was unable make a set or rails that would collapse to 16" and expand to 44", and be cost effective. What I had to settle with was a stand that will take up to approx. 24" high glass, and 1/2" dowels x 18" for 'normal/standard' applications. Anything longer just put in longer dowels.

It is the glass itself that provides the strength and stability for the stand once installed.

Danny