Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Sho Card Color

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Sho Card Color

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Rick Sacks on May 30, 2002
Any of you know a source for the quality of water color we used to get with Rich Art? If they still sell it, I have not found a supplier that keeps it on a shelf. Apparently there are not that many shops that still do cards and paper banners.
Barbara Schilling
YaY!!!!
I just located the company that makes my favorite show card color. It is a cartoon color called "CEL VINYL" made by Cartoon Colour Company, Inc.
9024 Lindblade Street
Culver City, California 90232-2584
USA Phone: 800-523-3665
Fax: 310-838-8467
I have searched on and off for them, finally on the internet at cartooncolour.com

I first learned about this from a card writer named George Helmuth at Mike J. Oklahoma Bash in 1982(?). I comes in tons of colors, dries waterproof, covers great, smooth laydown on flat stock. I have reluctantly been substituting craft acrylic from the local craft store. Yuck.

I don't do too many cards anymore either. Mostly get to do it for the local community theater which we are heavily involved in.
Carol
Pacific Coast Paint in Portland might still carry it. I'll call tomorrow and check for you. They are one of the few stores left that carry supplies for sign PAINTERS.
Carol
Yes. Pacific Coast Paint in Portland has all the "old" stuff. They carry Rich Art and brushes to go with it. Smalts, rabbit skin glue, all that stuff. You can call them at 800-752-0028 or on-line at Pacific Coast Sign Supply.com (that's probably all run together, you know that).
Good luck.
D. Bernhardt
Hi there mate's....so it's history?..(sigh) Sho-cards used to be the back bone of my business and used a ton of the stuff. Used to get it at Glantz and also here in canada at canadian sign-crafters supply. the last few jars just dried up a few years ago and i never replaced them...and now that i think of it, tried also to get a few sho-card brushes through Glawson and Evans with no luck also. I guess that's all part of the death-nell.

P.S.
just a quick aside......used designers gouache also and has all the fine properties of richart (in fact better) at twice the price!

Mike Jackson
Hi Rick,
I asked the same question when we first created this BB. Click below to see two of the responses.

Post By Raymond Chapman
http://www.theletterheads.com/wwwboard/ ... s/196.html
Charles Borges
Hello, You can still buy Richart showcard paint.
You can buy it from rich art or from two other places that i know. Quill, hair and ferrule and the other was a sign supllier in oregon. I'll get the name later.
Hope that helps.