Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Brushes...Where'd they go?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Brushes...Where'd they go?

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by D.Bernhardt on June 04, 2002
Was trying to order my favourite Raphael brushes today only to discover they are no longer made. ... I loved those things. Sure I've seen them come and go (your favourite series) even before the days of computers, but this one really ticks me. Tomorrow I'll have to go on a hunt (starting with Glawson and Evans) and get a dozen or so of the ones I can't live without!
D. Bernhardt

Rick Sacks
I've asked Rick G. for brushes that are out of manufacture and he's found them as surplus on someone's shelf for me. Hope you get your Raphaels.
D. Bernhardt
Well....have got the story straight now. The boss called the other day after seeing this post and set me straight. The brushes are still manufactured but distributed by 1shot who want out of the brush business. Ordered a half dozen anyway and before summer is out will make sure I have at least a dozen of each of my favourite sizes in reserve. Sooner or later the day will come and I've used these for the last 15 or years. Just never been able to get used to any others.