Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Rust Converters

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Rust Converters

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Rick Sacks on July 03, 2002
Any of you using the rust converters on the market these days? There is a metal treatment that we've been seeing great results from called Corroseal. It goes over rust or can go on new metal to prevent rust. One part, water clean up. Receives enamel overcoat.I buy it locally at the marine store, but it ships without flamable sticker and I think it comes from Canada.
Vaugahn Towle
Thanks for the comments about Corroseal. It's the original in the US, and is used by Coast Guard, Navy and most US container, tanker and tug companies. Lots of use on cars and trucks and on frames of new buildings so they aren't covered while rusty.
Some WalMarts have it under their own trade name > but pricy.
It is non flammable and ships without any restrictions.

Corroseal
http://www.corroseal.com/
Kent Smith
the waterbourne universal primer we created is also a rust entrapper, much the same concept.
Sarah C.
I bought some for vehicles at Walmart, to touch up some spots and dings on my older truck. It seems to work just great. I did some touchup over a couple years ago and its held up fine.
Bruce Bowers
I have used a product called RustMort. It is available from auto body supply houses. It works good.
Mike
rustmort is very good and i am looking for a gallon size that can be applied by auto sprayer.

any help finding it would be great..

thanks