Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Glawson Fund Update

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Glawson Fund Update

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Kent Smith on December 17, 2002
I talked to Tod early today and the fund has passed the mark so the Colorado Letterheads will be sending another $1000. Joe B. is going to Cincinnati for the holidays and taking a number of items for the collection from here and will deliver the check as well. That does not mean the need has ended as on-going support of the museum will be critical.

If you have not already done so, I suggest everyone talk to their suppliers and to the non-Letterhead shops in your area about the value of the museum. Most of us have a relationship with an electric shop or so and even a $25 donation will do a lot of good for maintaining the museum.

If you have not sent your check, this is a good time to do so. Tis the season of giving.
Kent Smith
I forgot to say, THANK YOU THANK YOU to all.
Kimberly Zanetti
That's great news Kent. I recently auctioned off a t-shirt from the first Conclave I attended. I love the shirt but it didn't fit quite right and the color made my skin look weird. I decided that a better use for it would be to raise money to bring "home" Rick's signs. I got $60 for the t-shirt and had the winner mail the check to Tod. We got Steve & Barb Shortreed to waive their usual 10% auction fee so that the whole amount could go to the museum.
Kent Smith
There is more to do of course. So far we have just covered acquisition and shipping of the Glawson collection. Building a display for them and covering the operating costs for even that portion of the building are yet to be considered. I hope everyone will take this initial effort as a long term committment and send a little something yearly. If everyone would send something on the Conclave anniversary every year, it would go a long way to keeping the museum viable.

Thanks Kimberly for your effort, I am sure it will be an inspiration for others to follow.