Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Sandblast box lighting

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Sandblast box lighting

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Roderick on December 21, 2002
I am getting ready(way over due) to make a sandblasting box and I'm not sure about the lighting inside.I've been told to do a backlit panel but from there I don't. It will be about 24"x 24" 6'0" and stand off the ground.
Thanks Roderick
www.ghosttownsigns.com
Robare M. Novou
A local friend of mine recently made a walk-in room for sandblasting.

His old setup was of a size you are about to build. He had 4 sleve holes in the front, and the bottom was funnel angled toward the center so he could easily collect the sand that fell, had also installed a shaking electric motor to make sure the sand slid down to the bottom center. There was a filtered vent hole at one end of the cabinet. He had installed a shop vac at the other end that was hooked up to a 5 gallon paint bucket filled half way with water. as it sucked air out of the bucket the dusty air from the cabinet would go through the pvc plumbers piping into the bucket where the water would trap the dust, the shop vac just sucked clean air out of the water filled bucket.

The back of the box was made from a discarded clear sign face.

The lighting was provided by a bank of flourecent lights. mounted on the outside behind clear sign face.

He needed the bigger room for larger work.

I miss that box. :(

RMN

Dan Cagle
1/2 full (of water) 5 gallon bucket dust trap. I've seen this in a how-to drywall book but I'm not sure how it works inside the bucket. I'm guessing the input hose is submerged in the water and the hose to the vacume is attached to the top of the bucket which sucks air from the input through the water, into the air and out the exit. Is this right? Thanks; is there a demo web site on this? Dan
Mike Jackson
Check out the boxes at Glastar.

http://www.glastar.com/sandblasting.html

Mike Jackson