Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

This Is It

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

This Is It

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by vance galliher on November 11, 2003
......i want to acknowledge you mike.... and those that share this amazing information !.....how lucky we are who want to create excellent work, and have such instant availablity to answers and inquiry........ to all those that contribute, i thank you.........vance

Hi Vance,
Thanks again for the kind words of support. I have been working on my new collection of ornaments for a long time and putting off special projects like the Rawson section. I need to thank a bunch of the site readers for their help on the new section....Danny, Pat, Tod, Robare, Jeff, Kent, Gary and a long list of others! It seems if I turn over one stone, a bunch of new information is revealed with the help of others with valuable informaton. If anyone else has information about Rawson and Evans, please let me know!

Okay, enough of that.

Some people have mentioned sending in a few dollars to help support the site. Right now, I think we need to help Tod Swormstedt at the American Sign Musueum. He has been SO helpful to this site in general and me specifically over the years. The museum needs funds to help purchase the larger Rawson & Evans pieces from Rick Glawson's shop. They have raised about $5000 and need another $7000.

I received a letter in my AMAL yesterday which has a donor card. You can surely just go to their site and find the same information.

So, here we are talking about Rawson and Evans and we now have a chance to make certain a grouping of their work ends up in the new museum. At the same time, a packet is headed this way FROM the museum that contains a wealth of additional information about Rawson & Evans. Are the stars aligned right now....or what?

If you had ever considered sending in money to a worthwhile cause, I'd say now is the time to send it to them.

http://www.signmuseum.com/

Mike Jackson